Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow, sometimes shortened to No World for Tomorrow, is the fourth album by Coheed And Cambria, and the sequel to their previous album. Together, the two albums make up part four of The Amory Wars. It was released October 23, 2007 by Columbia Records.
It is also the first (and only) album to feature Taylor Hawkins on drums after the departure of Josh Eppard. The album debuted on the Billboard 200 album chart at #6, selling about 62,000 copies in its first week. It sold over 100,000 copies in its first month. As of January 2008, the record has sold over 350,000 copies, with 153,979 being sold in the US.
Canonically, the No World For Tomorrow story takes place after Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, and acts as a conclusion to the original Amory Wars storyline. However, the story has been left up to fan interpretation as no official story has been published.
On February 4th, 2020, Coheed and Cambria announced the No World For Tomorrow Neverender Tour, during which the band will tour the United States and perform the album in its entirety at each show from May 5th, 2020 through May 29th, 2020. In an official email sent to fans, Coheed and Cambria announced, “After the tour, we look to launch the NWFT series of The Amory Wars,” meaning that the story for No World for Tomorrow will be officially published for the first time since the album's release 13 years ago.
The Deluxe Edition
- A bonus 24-minute documentary feature called "The Making of NWFT" with interviews as well as footage from the studio
- Five acoustic demos (two of which had previously leaked)
- A booklet with scenes from The Amory Wars and over 50 photos from recent tours
The 'Stripped' Version
- Contains just the CD and a slip sleeve cover
The 'Double Gatefold Vinyl' Version
- The album split on 2 LP vinyls
- Artwork by Ken Kelley
- Original preorders came with an autographed booklet but stock ran out the day after preorders were announced
- The promo item No World for Tomorrow magnet is still in stock.
- "The Reaping" – 1:13
- "No World for Tomorrow" – 5:08
- "The Hound (Of Blood & Rank)" – 4:38
- "Feathers" – 4:58
- "The Running Free" – 4:12
- "Mother Superior" – 6:40
- "Gravemakers & Gunslingers" – 4:20
- "Justice in Murder" – 4:30
- "The End Complete I: The Fall of House Atlantic" – 1:04
- "The End Complete II: Radio Bye Bye" – 4:56
- "The End Complete III: The End Complete" – 7:47
- "The End Complete IV: The Road and the Damned" – 3:35
- "The End Complete V: On the Brink" – 7:11
In 2008, the band performed all four of their released albums in their entirety over four consecutive nights (one per night) throughout select cities. (Named Neverender.) The success of these limited shows led to the band deciding to replicate the format in more cities but limited the experience to one album per tour.
See here for more information on the Neverender Tour for this album.
The album is often marketed by the shortened title No World for Tomorrow. Neither the disc itself nor its outer packaging suggest the Good Apollo title, though it is found printed on the cover of the accompanying lyrics booklet, as well as the rim of the fourth side of the vinyl release. Frontman Claudio Sanchez has stated that the full name of the album is in fact Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow.
| The Afterman (Album Part 1/Part 2 - Story)|
Year Of The Black Rainbow (Album - Story)
The Second Stage Turbine Blade (Album - Story)
In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 (Album - Story)
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV (Album Vol. 1/Vol. 2 - Story)
Vaxis - Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (Album - Story)