The Afterman: Ascension is the sixth studio album by Coheed and Cambria. It is the first part of a double album, the second part of which is The Afterman: Descension. It is the first Coheed and Cambria album since 2005's Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness to feature Josh Eppard on drums, and the first to feature Zach Cooper on bass.
The deluxe "Amory Award" edition included bonus tracks along with a coffee-table book written by Claudio Sanchez and edited by Evil Ink Comics' Chondra Echert and Blaze James, intended to give a song-by-song experience of the concept album.
A limited-edition collection of demos recordings for this album was released as The Afterman: Ascension (Big Beige Demos).
Additionally, select songs from this album were recorded live and included on The Afterman (Live Album.
See here for more information on the story of this album.
The album follows the Amory Wars storyline, and concentrates on the character Sirius Amory. Chronologically, this album precedes Year Of The Black Rainbow, which itself was the prequel to the previous records, making it the earliest story in the Amory Wars.
1. The Hollow – 2:11
2. Key Entity Extraction I: Domino The Destitute – 7:51
3. The Afterman – 3:11
4. Mothers Of Men – 4:11
5. Goodnight, Fair Lady – 3:23
6. Key Entity Extraction II: Holly Wood The Cracked – 3:26
7. Key Entity Extraction III: Vic The Butcher – 5:47
8. Key Entity Extraction IV: Evagria the Faithful – 6:22
9. Subtraction – 3:07
iTunes Edition TracksEdit
10. The Homecoming (Bonus Track) - 3:57
11. Goodnight, Fair Lady (demo) - 3:07
12. The Afterman (demo) - 3:11